Wednesday, February 25, 2009

John and Bridget O'Connell

Today I called the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in Middle Granville, NY. It seems this is one of a few Churches in this Catholic community. I spoke to a very nice lady who is going to look in their records to see what she can find for Bridget (Curran) O'Connell. I am hoping that this is the Church that Bridget grew up in. Obviously I know that she was buried there. I also know that her son Dennis was baptized there.  So it seems there is some tie with Bridget and this Church. She asked that I give them a week to go through their records and give them a call back. I look forward to making the follow up call, hopefully they will have a some great finds for me.  

Sad news is this Church will hold its last service on Easter Sunday of this year. This Church has been in this community for 100+ years. It is sad that something that has been around so long is going to close it's doors for the last time. 

No comments: