Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday - Rose O'Connell - McAvoy

Rose and Frank Mc Avoy


Rose O'Connell is my mysterious Great Grandmother. It seems there was a falling out with her son Larry and the family never reconnected. I ordered a copy of her death certificate and found out that she was buried only 3 blocks from my house. I was so excited to have found this information, that I was at the cemetery the next morning. 

Rose was born 30 Mar 1888 in either Maine or NH (not 100% sure yet). She married Dennis J O'Connell before 1905 and had 4 children with him, Ambrose Lawrence b. 1905, NH. Linus Joseph b. 1908, NY. Theresa May b. 1909, NY. The fourth child was a male that did not survive. 

Dennis and Rose divorced and he moved to Canada before 1920. 
The boys took to the rails and settled in Illinois. Theresa and Rose followed. By 1930, Rose was remarried to Frank McAvoy. 

We have reconnected with a family member, who has added some of the McAvoys to our family tree. I hope to connect with them at some point to learn more about this branch of my family.

No comments: